Saturday, September 8, 2012

And The Countdown Begins...

It is with great pleasure that I begin my final leg of the journey to my Master's Degree in Early Childhood Studies. I have learned a great deal, not only from the classes, but also from all of the students with whom I have shared this journey. I spent many hours beyond bedtime, hours that I could have been spending with my now three year old daughter and my husband of now ten years, and hours that I could have been spending relaxing, working toward this goal of attaining my Master's Degree. I know that many, if not all, of us have made sacrifices in our personal lives in order to become masters within our professional field. I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone who has assisted me in my journey by giving my suggestions and critiques to further my critical thoughts. Please contact me for any assistance I may provide anyone in this course or beyond. Thank you for sharing this journey with me, and good luck to everyone!
-Amanda Martin

P.S. I have posted a link with this to a humorous take on the state of child care for young children and families.

http://archive.org/details/AH-a_day_without_childcare

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    It's been awhile since we were in a class together! I'm looking forward to following your blog again.

    I agree that we've all made sacrifices (as have our families) but it's been worth it. I've learned so much and gotten to know some really terrific people!

    I love the video you posted, I've actually used it in classes I teach at a local community college. It's funny but it sure makes a point!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete